• Repair and enhance our community. You will be responsible for repairing and maintaining all plumbing, electrical, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs of the community. On-the-job training will be provided as needed.
• Be creative. You will be a creative problem solver who is attentive to detail, manage time well and learn quickly.
• Respond to service requests. You will launch into action when maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident satisfaction.
• Know the make-ready schedule. You will monitor apartment vacancies daily and initiate the turnover process with painting, cleaning, and repairing.
• Tend to preventive maintenance. You will safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
• Notice the details. You will walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
• 1+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience
• Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
• Rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
• Valid driver’s license and/or access to reliable transportation
• EPA license
Company benefits include paid vacation and holidays, health insurance and 401k. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications—not race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship or any other status or characteristic covered by federal, state or local law.